Coronavirus (COVID-19) Update
Our priority is to protect our patients, staff, and visitors by minimising the risk of the coronavirus (COVID-19) being introduced to the Hospital. In order to do this, we have implemented the following restrictions:
- If during the past 14 days you have traveled from Victoria or have visited a hotspot please refrain from entering Wolper Jewish Hospital
- If you feel unwell or are experiencing cold or flu-like symptoms please refrain from entering Wolper Jewish Hospital
- If you have come into contact with someone with – or suspected of having- the COVID-19 virus please refrain from entering Wolper Jewish Hospital
Please note: patients visiting hours are from 11:30am-12:30pm and 3.30pm-4.30pm.
PATIENTS ARE ALLOWED ONE VISITOR FOR A MAXIMUM 1 HOUR PER VISIT. THE VISITOR MUST BE THE SAME VISITOR FOR THE DURATION OF THE PATIENT’S ADMISSION.
FACE MASKS MUST BE WORN AT ALL TIMES IN THE HOSPITAL AND PHYSICAL/SOCIAL DISTANCING MUST BE MAINTAINED
The fewer visitors we have, the lower the risk to all of a COVID-19 infection.
For further information from NSW Health please click here
For further information on what you currently can and can’t do in NSW click here
Practising good hand and sneeze/cough hygiene is the best defence against most viruses.
Hygiene practices to limit the risk of infection
- Wash your hands frequently with soap and water or use an alcohol-based hand sanitiser.
- Cover your nose and mouth with a tissue or flexed elbow when coughing or sneezing. Dispose of tissues immediately after use and wash your hands or apply hand sanitiser.
- Avoid touching your face.
- Avoid close contact with anyone who has cold or flu-like symptoms.
Flu-like symptoms to watch for:
- Sore throat
- Runny nose
- Shortness of breath
See your GP or Emergency Department, but please call ahead before attending.
Alternatively, you can call healthdirect on 1800 022 222 (24-hour health advice)