Coronavirus (COVID-19) Update
Our priority is to protect our patients, staff, and visitors by minimising the risk of the coronavirus (COVID-19) being introduced to the Hospital. In order to do this, we have implemented the following restrictions:
- If during the past 14 days you have visited a hotspot please refrain from entering Wolper Jewish Hospital
- If you feel unwell or are experiencing cold or flu-like symptoms please refrain from entering Wolper Jewish Hospital
- If you have come into contact with someone with – or suspected of having- the COVID-19 virus please refrain from entering Wolper Jewish Hospital
Please note: patients visiting hours are from 11:30am-12:30pm and 3.30pm-4.30pm.
PATIENTS ARE ALLOWED ONE VISITOR AT A TIME FOR A MAXIMUM 1 HOUR PER VISIT.
THIS MUST BE THE SAME VISITOR EACH TIME FOR THE DURATION OF THE PATIENT’S ADMISSION.
FACE MASKS MUST BE WORN BY ALL VISITORS WHEN IN THE HOSPITAL
For further information from NSW Health please click here
For further information on what you currently can and can’t do in NSW click here
Practising good hand and sneeze/cough hygiene is the best defence against most viruses.
Hygiene practices to limit the risk of infection
- Wash your hands frequently with soap and water or use an alcohol-based hand sanitiser.
- Cover your nose and mouth with a tissue or flexed elbow when coughing or sneezing. Dispose of tissues immediately after use and wash your hands or apply hand sanitiser.
- Avoid touching your face.
- Avoid close contact with anyone who has cold or flu-like symptoms.
Flu-like symptoms to watch for:
- Sore throat
- Runny nose
- Shortness of breath
See your GP or Emergency Department, but please call ahead before attending.
Alternatively, you can call healthdirect on 1800 022 222 (24-hour health advice)