Long COVID & Post-acute COVID Day Rehabilitation program
Wolper is pleased to now offer a Long COVID & post-acute COVID Day Rehabilitation program.
This program is a supervised reconditioning day rehabilitation program for people who have been diagnosed with long COVID & post-acute COVID. The program is designed to support a graded return to activity and provide education on the management of common symptoms.
What is ‘Long COVID’?
The term ’long COVID’ is generally used to describe both:
- ongoing symptomatic COVID-19 – COVID-19 symptoms lasting more than 4 weeks
- post-COVID-19 condition/syndrome – COVID-19 symptoms after 12 weeks that are not explained by an alternative diagnosis.
What are the symptoms of Long COVID?
Long COVID can present differently in different people and symptoms can range from mild to severe
The most common symptoms reported with long COVID are:
- fatigue (tiredness)
- shortness of breath
- problems with your memory and concentration (‘brain fog’)
If you have experienced any of these since having COVID and they are still present 3 months after, you may be eligible for this program.
How can the Wolper program help you?
The Wolper program includes:
- Exercise sessions with our Physiotherapists and Exercise Physiologists
- Energy conservation, fatigue management and goal setting with our Occupational Therapists
- Stress management and mindfulness sessions with our Occupational Therapists and Social Worker
- Nutrition and lifestyle consultations with our Exercise Physiologists and Dietitians
Progress within the program will be reported to referrers on completion of the program.
Private Physiotherapy and Exercise Physiology options also available.
Day Rehabilitation comes under the Rehabilitation portion of hospital cover and therefore, if eligible, the health fund will usually cover 100% of the costs involved. Some health funds charge a once off excess or co-payment if there have been no other hospital admissions that year. Prior to starting Day Rehabilitation our accounts department will clarify any potential charges.
How do you book in?
A referral from your GP or treating Physician at a long COVID clinic is required. The referral form can be found on our website. If you are currently attending MoveWell classes and have been experiencing long COVID symptoms, we encourage you to talk to us about how we can help you.
Please call Day Rehabilitation reception on 8324 2261 to make a booking or for further information.