Wolper is host to a close-knit community of employees who are committed to providing the best in patient care. We are non-denominational in our hiring policies.
The hospital is a 54-bed facility providing medical care, rehabilitation services and palliative care.
We are close to public transport, with ample free parking in the surrounding streets. Our small size and the high quality of our services and staff make us an employer of choice. Our staff are given the time to get to know patients and their families and make a real difference in their lives. Many of our employees have been with us for over 20 years, thanks to our pleasant and professional environment.
Light refreshments and uniforms are provided free of charge to the staff.
Registered Nurse – Rehabilitation Unit.
Part time night duty – Sunday, Monday, Tuesday & Wednesday night.
The RNs are responsible for the delivery of quality, efficient and effective person-centred care as part of a larger multidisciplinary team. Our RNs provide appropriate supervision and/or mentoring for other nursing staff, including delegation of care to Enrolled Nurses and Assistants in Nursing according to their competence and within their scope of practice. Our RNs need to be able to respond effectively to any emergency situations and/or changing status of the patient.
• Registration as a RN with the Australian Health Practitioners Regulation Agency (AHPRA)
• A minimum of 2 years recent experience in an Australian hospital setting
• High level of communication, interpersonal and customer service skills
• Ability to work effectively as a member of the multidisciplinary team
• Demonstrated effective time management skills and ability to prioritise competing workloads
• Experience in medical, palliative care and/or rehabilitation nursing
• Knowledge and understanding of a team nursing model of care
Please note that to apply for this position you must be an Australian Citizen, a Permanent Resident or be able to independently and legally live and work in Australia. Visa sponsorship is not available.
It is a condition of employment with Wolper Jewish Hospital that all staff provide a satisfactory Police Check and acceptable evidence of protection against specified infectious diseases.
Only suitable applicants who meet essential criteria will be contacted
Marcelle Segal – Manager Rehabilitation Services
Phone: 02 8324 2221
What we are looking for:
Physiotherapist to rotate between Inpatients (elective Orthopaedics), Geriatric Rehabilitation/Medical/Palliative and Outpatients. New graduates are welcome to apply.
What we can offer you:
– Internal professional development and support to attend external professional development.
– Work within a large friendly team consisting of rehabilitation consultants, physiotherapists, occupational therapists, exercise physiologists and nurses.
– Hold current physiotherapy registration with AHPRA.
– High level of written and oral communication together with well-developed interpersonal skills.
– Positive and enthusiastic attitude.
– Previous hospital/rehabilitation experience.
– Previous experience in orthopaedic rehabilitation
– Experience in a hydrotherapy setting.
– Post graduate qualifications or evidence of continuing professional development.
– 1-2 years hospital experience
Please note that to apply for this position you must be an Australian Citizen or Permanent Resident, or be able to independently and legally live and work in Australia.
Please email : firstname.lastname@example.org or call Cody Kane, Physiotherapy Manager on 02 83242284
Applications close: Sunday 18 August, 2019
Keen to work with our team?
Feel free to submit your resume and we will keep your details on file for future positions.