62nd AGM announcements
Wolper Jewish Hospital has held its 62nd annual general meeting at which a number of significant announcements were made including a ‘changing of the guard’ with four new office bearer appointments and the announcement of a landmark strategic alliance.
A highlight of the AGM was the appointment of an extremely capable and committed new Board leadership team.
- Daniel Goldberg, previously Vice President, was appointed President. Daniel is a lawyer, has been a Board member since 2010. Daniel is an active member of a number of our committees as well as the Chair of the Wolper Jewish Hospital Community Genetics Committee.
- Josephine Holland, previously Honorary Secretary, was appointed Vice President. Josephine is a lawyer and initially joined us as a representative of the NCJWA (NSW) in 2009 and was invited to join the Board in her personal capacity in 2018. Josephine sits on a number of Wolper committees and is the Chair of both our Community Partnership Committee and our Governance and Nominations Committee. She continues a Trustee Director of the Wolper Jewish Hospital Health Foundation.
- Laura Dunkel, a Board Director, was appointed Honorary Treasurer. Laura has a strong background in finance and joined our Board at the 2022 AGM having served the prior year as a member of our Finance, Investment and Audit Committee.
- Jessica Newman, a Board Director was appointed Honorary Secretary. Jessica is a lawyer and first engaged with Wolper in 2015 as Board Observer. She subsequently sat at our Board table as a representative of the NCJWA (NSW) and was invited to join the Board in a personal capacity in 2018. Jessica sits on a number of our committees and is also a director of Gift of Life Australia.
We also extended our gratitude to Mr Daniel Goulburn OAM for his leadership as the inaugural Chair of the Wolper Jewish Hospital Health Foundation and Richard Glass was appointed Chair of the Foundation.
Another highlight was the official signing of a Memorandum of Understanding between Wolper Jewish Hospital and Hadassah Hospital. Hadassah is currently constructing a new facility, the Gandel Rehabilitation Centre, on Mt Scopus, Jerusalem. This ground-breaking agreement will enable both hospitals to share information, research, practices, and experience in the areas of rehabilitation and genetics to ensure both organisations continue to be leaders in these fields. It was a great pleasure to have Ron Finkel AM, President of Hadassah Australia join us for the official signing, as did Steve Gandel representing his family.
At this special AGM we also took the opportunity to:
- recall the wonderful legacy of our late Honorary Life Governor Graham Einfeld of blessed memory
- recognise the outstanding service to Wolper of over 40 years by recently retired Dr Philip Redelman who was on the night appointed an Honorary Life Member
- acknowledge with gratitude the contribution of Dr David Golovsky AM as he retired as a Trustee Director of the Foundation
- welcome cardiologist Dr James Nadel to the Hospital board
- celebrate Greg Einfeld, Graham’s son, joining our Foundation board to continue his family’s sixty-two years of engagement with Wolper
- appreciate Andrew Cohen’s very successful term as Honorary Treasurer
- acknowledge the appointment of Dr David Ende as the incoming Chair of Wolper’s Medical Advisory Committee
- pay tribute to Andrew Driehuis’ achievement of ten years outstanding service to Wolper as Deputy Director of Clinical Services
- express our gratitude to Tina Boger and her senior management team for their outstanding leadership of the Hospital.