You are here: News > Latest News
Wolpers Expanded Rehabilitation Team
Over the past decade, Wolper Jewish Hospital has developed a reputation as a centre of excellence for rehabilitation services.
Now, so that we can continue to provide the latest therapeutic programs and treatments along with the very best of care, Wolper has expanded its allied health team.
Our team now includes:
- 31 physiotherapists
- 3 exercise physiologists
- 2 allied health assistants
- 4 occupational therapists
- Dietician, social work and psychologist services as required
Our expanded team allows us to offer:
- increased numbers of physiotherapy staff onsite each day to improve patient to therapist ratios in physiotherapy and hydrotherapy sessions, providing more therapist “one on one” time;
- additional physiotherapy and hydrotherapy sessions on weekends and public holidays;
- flexible scheduling and increased individual customisation of treatment to enhance patient outcomes; and
- co-ordination of care for patients who transition from inpatient to day rehabilitation. This means patients who come to back to Wolper for Day (outpatient) Rehabilitation will interact with the same team of therapists that treated them whilst they were inpatients.
“These changes better enable our staff to deliver to our patients collaborative, comprehensive and individualised care of the highest quality. This enhances our ability to better service the wider community”, commented Geoff Blicblau, Wolper’s Allied Health Manager.
The expansion of the Allied Health team has already met with favourable comment. “I’ve had a lot of physiotherapy in the past and I can say this has to be the best I’ve ever had”, said Mrs Ruth Moalem, “My recovery is going so well and I would recommend Wolper to anyone needing rehabilitation.”
For further information on inpatient rehabilitation at Wolper, contact the Hospital on 9328 6077 or www.wolper.com.au
For further information on Day (outpatient) Rehabilitation at Wolper, contact Day Rehabilitation reception on 8324 2261 or see www.wolper.com.au